6 Port Netgear EN106TP 10Base-T 10 Megabit Ethernet Hub
- 6 port hub
- Connect up to 6 PCs or other devices up at once
- Switchable uplink port for chaining to other devices on your LAN
- 10Base-T -- 10 megabit
- Uses standard RJ45 networking cables (e.g. CAT5 or comparable)
- Solid metal construction, built like a tank
- Excellent cosmetic and working condition, no issues!
Unit ships with and includes:
- AC power adapter
- Original manual and documentation
- Unused wall mounting hardware
- Original box
- Click here to scroll down
This is a basic, ruggedly-built Netgear 10Base-T hub. If you're looking at this auction, you probably already know what this device does -- please forgive the rest of my description if that is the case. If you are looking to hook up multiple computers or other Ethernet devices on a wired LAN, this unit will do it.
Most recently, my brother was using this to hook up his PCs to uplink to our router, which in turn hooks into our cable modem. Pretty standard setup. The hub worked great in this application. Before this, I was using it to network several PCs in my home office. No problems or issues.
Today, the most common use to this type of device would probably be hooking up several home PCs on a LAN to share one Internet connection. (For this application, if you hook this hub up directly to your basic DSL or cable modem, make sure that your ISP can/will assign you individual IPs for the attached PCs. If you have a separate or built-in router, you won't have any issues.)
Note -- this is not a switch, router, bridge, wireless, or anything more exotic than a simple hub. This is also not a 100 Mb-capable unit. All attached devices will/must communicate at 10 Mb speed - don't worry, most modern devices will do this automatically.
Is 10 Mb too slow? If you just want to hook up some PCs and a printer for "normal" SOHO-type file sharing, this is totally adequate. Same goes for hooking PCs up to a broadband (around 1-6 Mb) Internet connection -- 10 Mb is more than enough. On the other hand, if you want to process high-speed spy satellite telemetry in parallel over a multiple PCs, you may want to consider a device with more horsepower. :)
Check out the "Links" section below for more information about the EN106TP.
Please review the photos below carefully and contact me if you have any questions.
Click on a thumbnail to view the full-size image in a new browser window
Some full-size images may exceed your browser's dimensions
Please hover over the large images and click on the expand tool ( or ) if it appears
Why am I selling? I don't currently have a use for this hub. I don't have anywhere near the amount of computer equipment on my wired home office LAN that I used to. I would keep it but I don't know if I'll have the opportunity/need to use it again.
$1 starting and NO RESERVE. Good luck bidding!
Thanks for looking! If you have any questions, please drop me a line. Also, please read the Terms, Shipping, Contact, Feedback section below before you bid. Some of it sounds serious, but it's just the usual stuff including some specific info relevant to this auction.
My Other Auctions:
- View my other music equipment and/or computer equipment auctions including...
- 1990 Fender American Telecaster - Made in USA
- Seymour Duncan / Lace Sensor Pickups Pre-Wired Fender Strat Pickguard
- Pro Co Turbo RAT Guitar/Bass Distortion Effect Pedal
- Boss GE-7 Guitar Equalizer Effect Pedal
- Pro Co 50' Balanced XLR Microphone Cable
- 5 Tube Lot: NEW 12AT7EH, CBS 12AT7, Carvin 12AX7A, Tube Works 12AX7, W. Germany 12AU7
- Monster Cable Twist Crimp Toolless Speaker Cable Connectors - Angled Gold Pin
Terms, Shipping, Contact, Feedback (Please Read):
- This is a NO RESERVE, NO "Buy it Now" auction. I normally do not terminate an auction early and I will definitely let the auction go to completion (i.e. finish normally) if the bid price is low.
- This item was described with as much accuracy and detail as possible. Images shown are of the actual item up for auction unless otherwise noted. Opinions and subjective observations reflected in the auction listing may not match your own. I cannot offer refunds or returns for my auction items.
- Please contact me with any and all questions before you bid. Please don't bid unless you intend to follow through. If you have any problems with the terms of this or any of my other auctions, please contact me about it before bidding.
- Please use the postage rate calculator at the bottom of this auction to determine your shipping cost. Shipping will be, depending on your location, between $5.30 to $11.00 USD for USPS Priority Shipping within the United States ONLY. I will insure your package for the purchase price of the item at no cost to you if the winning bid is $10 or greater -- insurance is not available otherwise. I ship with a delivery confirmation (if applicable to the carrier) and I will email the delivery confirmation/tracking number once the item ships.
- I charge actual shipping costs. The figure quoted above is a reasonable estimate given the weight of the item and the dimensions of the box. I will let you know how much your item cost to ship after it has been sent. If you overpaid, then I will issue you a refund for your overpayment amount via PayPal or by personal check -- your choice. If you have underpaid, then I will eat the cost. I believe this is a pretty fair deal. I am a regular Joe -- I have to package and ship the items myself. I hate feeling gouged for shipping costs too!
- Shipping carrier, carrier options, etc., are generally non-negotiable -- unless you want expedited delivery. I have haggled with several bidders post-auction about a few dollars (or less) difference between First Class vs. Priority, UPS Ground vs. FedEx Ground vs. Parcel Post, etc. I choose the most cost effective way of getting the item to you as quickly and as safely as possible. Depending on the package size, the slowest shipping method may not be the cheapest. Again, if you have overpaid for shipping, please see the previous bullet point.
- Most items ship within one or two business days.
- I accept payment via PayPal, money order, cashiers check, and personal check (though your check will have to clear.) My preference is for PayPal. I do not charge you for my PayPal transaction or auction fees -- some sellers may.
- Local (Eugene, OR) pickup of the item is available, though I will not have the facilities to demo the item for you, and my schedule varies. Please contact me if you are interested in local pickup.
- Please send any questions about this auction to me through eBay's "Ask seller a question." I will contact you following the completion of the auction so please make sure that you can get my email. My address is:
You may want to trust this address in your spam/bulk filter folder, or at least look for it in your junk mail if you haven't heard from me post-auction. More often than not, legitimate email ends up getting marked as spam. Some folks have an aggressive "delete-on-flag" type of filter which can present a lot of communication problems.
- I give positive feedback immediately upon receipt of payment. If you paid, you get positive feedback from me.
- I have been an ebay member since 1998. Bid with confidence.
Click here to go back to the top