Pro Co Turbo RAT Guitar/Bass Distortion Effect Pedal
- Popular RAT-type distortion sound
- Highest output of the RAT series
- Works well for guitar AND bass
- Extremely rugged design
- Glow-in-the-dark knob indicators
- Excellent cosmetic and working condition, no issues!
Unit ships with and includes:
- Original manual and documentation
- Original box
- New 9V battery (in addition to the one in the unit)
Controls / Connectors:
- Instrument input
- Instrument output
- 9V DC power input
- On/off footswitch
- On/off indicator lamp
- "Distortion" control knob
- "Filter" (tone) control knob
- "Volume" control knob
- Click here to scroll down
I purchased this pedal from my friend (he was the original owner) for $95 sometime in the late 90s. You'll see in the photos that the original price on the box reads "$95". I guess I am not a very good bargainer!
This is a great distortion box -- IMHO, one of the better sounding ones available for a distinctive yet versatile rock and roll tone. If you've heard/played a classic RAT or one of the others in the RAT series, this one has a similar sound -- you could say a RAT on steroids. The harmonically-rich...well, "ratty tone" is definitely there. In addition, the Turbo RAT offers a very high output which is ideal for overdriving the input stage of a tube amp. The sustain you can get with this pedal when cranking the "Volume" and/or "Distortion" knobs is excellent. There is a lot of flexibility available for rhythm or lead work through just tweaking the knobs.
I have used this pedal for both guitar and bass. I've heard that other bass players like the Turbo RAT, and even the Pro Co literature says this is the "RAT of choice" among bass players. For bass, I sometimes like a lead/boost with a little bit of dirt and the Turbo RAT delivers well. If so inclined, you can get pretty crazy with this pedal (distortion-wise) without sacrificing the lower end of your bass tone. Same thing applies to guitar -- if you like your tone with heavy low end, this pedal can deliver distortion without cutting that low end off.
This thing is built like a tank and has received minimal gigging use. Cosmetically excellent, no issues, works great!
Check out the "Links" section below for more information about the Turbo RAT directly from Pro Co's website.
Please review the photos below carefully and contact me if you have any questions.
Click on a thumbnail to view the full-size image in a new browser window
Some full-size images may exceed your browser's dimensions
Please hover over the large images and click on the expand tool ( or ) if it appears
Pedal ships with a new 9V battery. If you are the winning bidder, check the bottom of the shipping box in the packing materials for the battery.
Why am I selling? Well, mostly financial and time considerations. I don't have much time to play guitar anymore. When I do play out, it is only on bass and even that doesn't happen very often. As they say, I am "thinning the herd" and minimizing the gear I have on-hand to the bare essentials.
Anyway, my loss is your gain. At $1 starting and NO RESERVE, you can't go wrong! Current new retail price is around $90. Whether you are a metal head, a classic rocker, a punk, whatever...I think you will love this pedal.
Thanks for looking! If you have any questions, please drop me a line. Also, please read the Terms, Shipping, Contact, Feedback section below before you bid. Some of it sounds serious, but it's just the usual stuff including some specific info relevant to this auction.
My Other Auctions:
- View my other music equipment and/or computer equipment auctions including...
- 1990 Fender American Telecaster - Made in USA
- Seymour Duncan / Lace Sensor Pickups Pre-Wired Fender Strat Pickguard
- Boss GE-7 Guitar Equalizer Effect Pedal
- Pro Co 50' Balanced XLR Microphone Cable
- 5 Tube Lot: NEW 12AT7EH, CBS 12AT7, Carvin 12AX7A, Tube Works 12AX7, W. Germany 12AU7
- Monster Cable Twist Crimp Toolless Speaker Cable Connectors - Angled Gold Pin
- 6 Port Netgear EN106TP 10Base-T 10 Megabit Ethernet Hub
Terms, Shipping, Contact, Feedback (Please Read):
- This is a NO RESERVE, NO "Buy it Now" auction. I normally do not terminate an auction early and I will definitely let the auction go to completion (i.e. finish normally) if the bid price is low.
- This item was described with as much accuracy and detail as possible. Images shown are of the actual item up for auction unless otherwise noted. Opinions and subjective observations reflected in the auction listing may not match your own. I cannot offer refunds or returns for my auction items.
- Please contact me with any and all questions before you bid. Please don't bid unless you intend to follow through. If you have any problems with the terms of this or any of my other auctions, please contact me about it before bidding.
- Please use the postage rate calculator at the bottom of this auction to determine your shipping cost. Shipping will be, depending on your location, between $4.75 to $9.00 USD for USPS Priority Shipping within the United States ONLY. I will insure your package for the purchase price of the item at no cost to you. I ship with a delivery confirmation (if applicable to the carrier) and I will email the delivery confirmation/tracking number once the item ships.
- I charge actual shipping costs. The figure quoted above is a reasonable estimate given the weight of the item and the dimensions of the box. I will let you know how much your item cost to ship after it has been sent. If you overpaid, then I will issue you a refund for your overpayment amount via PayPal or by personal check -- your choice. If you have underpaid, then I will eat the cost. I believe this is a pretty fair deal. I am a regular Joe -- I have to package and ship the items myself. I hate feeling gouged for shipping costs too!
- Shipping carrier, carrier options, etc., are generally non-negotiable -- unless you want expedited delivery. I have haggled with several bidders post-auction about a few dollars (or less) difference between First Class vs. Priority, UPS Ground vs. FedEx Ground vs. Parcel Post, etc. I choose the most cost effective way of getting the item to you as quickly and as safely as possible. Depending on the package size, the slowest shipping method may not be the cheapest. Again, if you have overpaid for shipping, please see the previous bullet point.
- Most items ship within one or two business days.
- I accept payment via PayPal, money order, cashiers check, and personal check (though your check will have to clear.) My preference is for PayPal. I do not charge you for my PayPal transaction or auction fees -- some sellers may.
- Local (Eugene, OR) pickup of the item is available, though I will not have the facilities to demo the item for you, and my schedule varies. Please contact me if you are interested in local pickup.
- Please send any questions about this auction to me through eBay's "Ask seller a question." I will contact you following the completion of the auction so please make sure that you can get my email. My address is:
You may want to trust this address in your spam/bulk filter folder, or at least look for it in your junk mail if you haven't heard from me post-auction. More often than not, legitimate email ends up getting marked as spam. Some folks have an aggressive "delete-on-flag" type of filter which can present a lot of communication problems.
- I give positive feedback immediately upon receipt of payment. If you paid, you get positive feedback from me.
- I have been an ebay member since 1998. Bid with confidence.
Click here to go back to the top